The PensionSync Dashboard allows you to create a secure connection to any pension scheme quickly and easily through our secure Authorisation Gateway. Simply follow the steps below:
1. Click "Link Schemes" on the main PensionSync Dashboard page:
2. Select the pension provider from the list supplied:
3. The system will securely redirect you to the Authorisation Gateway, where you can input your username and password to validate that you have the required administrative access to manage the pension scheme(s) you are linking to PensionSync.
The Authorisation Gateway will look like a log in page for the pension provider you have selected. In the example below, the pension provider is The People's Pension and you would enter the username and password that you use for The People's Pension's own website to connect the scheme to PensionSync.
4. The system will ask you to confirm which clients' schemes you want to authorise, either by entering the Employer ID (pension scheme reference) or by picking from a list of all the schemes you have access to through the login details you supplied (People's Pension and Nest examples shown below).
5. PensionSync will then collect scheme data from the pension provider and create an entry for the scheme on your PensionSync Dashboard and that's it - you're ready to start managing the scheme(s) through PensionSync!
How do I upload enrolment and contribution data directly to the PensionSync Dashboard?
Simply download a PAPDIS CSV file from your payroll software and "drag and drop" it into PensionSync and we'll do the rest. You can drag and drop as many files as you like, all in one go.
The PAPDIS data standard was created by the payroll and pensions industries to provide a single format that would cover all pension scheme requirements. If you're not sure whether you can access a suitable file please contact support for more information.
While most payroll software can produce a PAPDIS file, unfortunately most pension providers don't accept data in the PAPDIS format, although all the data they need is in the file. PensionSync simply checks your data is valid, converts the PAPDIS file into the required format and delivers it for you.
The PensionSync Dashboard will confirm when the pension provider has accepted your file and create an audit trail for you.
What if my payroll software has a PensionSync integration?
That's great - you can send data to these schemes through your payroll software's PensionSync integration without needing to even touch a file. You may also find that your software product has a built in process for linking the schemes, so you can do that within payroll too - please check our Help Centre for specific guidance based on the software product you are using.