Submissions approval gives you extra control over your pension data submissions, allowing you to verify the data contained in the payroll export and approve (or cancel) it before it is delivered to the pension provider.
This feature can also be used to delay the submission after you have run payroll. For example, if you are aware that there may be late changes you may want to delay the pension submission by a few days and then release it.
At PensionSync we are big fans of automation. Submissions approval is an optional feature available by request for users who want to be able to build an extra safety net in to their pension process. If you would like to try this feature, please contact support.
How to use Submissions Approval - once enabled
1) Complete your normal payroll process and submit the pension data to PensionSync.
2) PensionSync will carry out its usual up-front validation. If there are any validation issues you will get an error response straight away.
3) If the file is valid, you will get a notification in PensionSync to say that the submission requires approval.
4) To review and approve (or cancel) the submission from the PensionSync Dashboard:
- Click 'View Submission' or alternatively, select Tools -> Submission Approval from the left hand menu
- You will see a list of held submissions with a breakdown of the data, so you can review the totals and ensure they are correct
5) Tick any that you want to approve and click "Approve Selected" - these will then resume processing and be delivered to the pension provider(s) immediately.
6) Tick any that you want to cancel and click "Reject Selected" - these will stopped permanently, so that you can rectify any issues with the totals and resubmit.
As you can select as many submissions to approve / reject in one go as required, the process is very quick and easy to complete, even for a large payroll bureau with many pension submissions to review.