In KeyPay navigate to the Payroll Settings -> Pension Settings menu
- select to add the scheme via PensionSync
- input the later of your Staging Date or most recent triennial re-enrolment date and click "Import from PensionSync"
- Select the pension provider - e.g. NEST
- Enter the EmployerId
For Aviva it's of the form TK******
For NEST it's of the form EMP*********
For NOW: Pensions it's a 4 digit alpha numeric code, referred to as ER Code in NOW
For Smart Pension it's the Company ID in Smart - usually a 5 digit number
- For The People’s Pension it's the Account Number in People's Pension - usually a 6 digit number
- click to launch the PensionSync Authorisation Gateway
- enter your pension provider user login details as you would to access this scheme on the pension provider website. This is so the provider knows who is attempting to access the scheme and can check you are a registered user for the scheme.
Once successfully authorised it may take a couple of minutes to provide back the scheme information to us. Once done, click on the import from PensionSync button to bring back the contribution rates, Group name etc in to payroll.
Ensure you save your screen when done.
KeyPay has further detailed instructions on linking your scheme to PensionSync in the below link:
For your information, when setting/checking the tax relief type, this will be brought back from the pension provider and should not require amendment:
- Aviva - Relief at Source
- NEST - Relief at Source
- NOW - Net Pay
- Smart - Net Pay
- The People's Pension - mostly Relief at Source (default), but some schemes are Net Pay (on request)